Saturday 9 February 2013

Sit and Sew Day is Nearly Here!

One week to go! I can't wait! We meet next Saturday 16th February at Clifford Village Hall, Albion Street, Clifford LS23 from 10am to 4pm.

I set about making an iPad sleeve last week and decided to add my initial so I would have something for our challenge theme of pieced letters. This makes me smile as it reminds me of Rimmer in Red Dwarf! On the reverse I made a panel inspired by the place mats Janet showed us last time but I used wedges cut with a dresden plate template rather than straight strips.


If you have made some pieced letters please bring them along as well as any other quilts for show and tell. Most of the day will be for you to work on your own project but I'll be demonstrating free motion quilting for those who are interested. If you fancy having a go yourself bring a free motion or darning foot for your sewing machine and a quilt 'sandwich' - good quality wadding sandwich between two pieces of plain-ish cotton fabric at least 14" square plus some plain paper and a pen for doodling designs. I'll bring a selection of threads to play with.

If you'd like to join us for the SASD and haven't already contacted me please email me: quilthaze at gmail dot com

Happy Stitching!

Hazel

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment